Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Katowice is successfully continuing its series of open meetings for Member Companies. On March 27th this year, entrepreneurs met at Dworek Eureka in Czechowice-Dziedzice.
The event was a perfect opportunity for conversations with representatives of the business world, science and local government and to make new business contacts.
Czechowice-Dziedzice is the headquarters of one of the CCI delegations and the location of two plants and the research centre of Valeo PEM Central Europe, a global corporation employing close to 110,000 people in 183 production facilities around the world. Special Guest of the event, Grzegorz Zięba – Valeo Powertrain Electrified Mobility Central Europe Vice President as well as Senior Site General Manager w Valeo Electric and Electronic Systems Sp. z o.o. in Czechowice-Dziedzice explained the specifics of the global automotive and electromobility components giant’s operations. Plants in Czechowice-Dziedzice operate productions and research development activities in the area of modern solutions concentrated on electrification, automation and component remanufacturing.
– In May Valeo, which was founded in Paris, will be celebrating its 100th anniversary. The company started by producing clutch facings to now operate within four business groups. New technologies, including electric vehicle charging stations, air and energy management solutions, can all be found in our portfolio. It is worth mentioning, that 4 to 5 electric engines in the world are produced in Czechowice-Dziedzice – emphasised Grzegorz Zięba.
One of the company’s missions is sustainability and reducing its carbon footprint.
– We are focused on the secondary market because we give a second life to the components we repair and remanufacture. By recovering natural resources, we are reducing over-consumption – added the Valeo Vice-President.
Representatives of CCI Member Companies, who had the opportunity to visit this unique production facility during a study visit, were able to see what the factory producing electric engines for the Mercedes EQS looks like.
Dr Marian Błachut, Mayor of Czechowice-Dziedzice, talked about the municipality’s development strategy until 2030. The city wants to position itself as an environmentally respectful incubator of activity, creativity and entrepreneurship.
– I am proud of the Valeo’s investment in our city, which was known for its heavy industry and now is beginning to be identified with innovative automotive and a growing service sector. One must have a vision and implement it consistently. I am glad, that the local government and the economic self-government i.e. the CCI in Katowice, are working in partnership to put common goals into practice – highlighted the Mayor of Czechowice-Dziecice.
In the name of CCI, Marlena Miąsko, Deputy Chief Executive Officer of the Chamber welcomed the attendees, encouraged them to actively participate in events organised by the CCI to take advantage of the package of benefits for Member Companies, networking opportunities, and entrepreneurs considering membership to get to know the organisation. Edyta Kwiatkowska, head of the Woman Business HUB presented the principles of the project this year implemented under the slogans ‘Business has no gender’ and ‘Talent has no gender’. Meanwhile, Janusz Dramski, the first Vice-President of CCI responsible for recruitment and development of young technology companies, invited people to invest in start-ups that operate as Member Companies.
The traditional welcoming of the new Member Companies that have recently joined the Chamber was the cherry on top. This time, certificates and welcome packs were presented by Janusz Dramski, 1st Vice-President of the Chamber, Wiesław Pochopień, President of the Chechowice-Dziedzice Delegation and Grzegorz Zięba, Vice-President of Valeo.
We welcome new Member Companies of CCI:
- DABI SM BUDNY Sp. z o.o. Sp. K.
- Wyższa Szkoła Zarządzania Ochroną Pracy w Katowicach
- Energy Solution Sp. z o.o.
- Serwis Urządzeń Infrastruktury Technicznej Sp. z o.o.
- Kancelaria Jasta Sp. z o.o.
- Ardix Software Sp. z o.o.
- GRUPA COB Sp. z o.o.
- ARGO NAVI DOTACJE I EKSPORT KOĆWIN S.C.
- GLOBALFORM Sp. z o.o.
- HR INSTITUTE
- K&J COMPANY Sp. z o.o.
- VALORCO KRZYSZTOF JEŻOWSKI
- Kancelaria Adwokacka Justyna Orlińska