Legalization of commercial documents
Acts of legalization
Legalization act is performed on behalf of the Polish Chamber of Commerce on the basis of the Economic Chambers Act dated 30th May 1989, including later changes, for the entities registered in Poland.
Legalization service includes different sorts of documents applied in the international trade, from documents of applicant’s authorship, certificates of state and self-governement offices, to certification of copy’s and xerox copy’s authenticity on the basis of the presented original.
Types of documents legalized and drawn up by the Chamber:
- Various commercial documents: invoices, declarations, specifications, contracts, letters of attorney, translations other than by sworn translators,
- Transport documents, ex. bills of lading, transport invoices and other transport - related documents,
- Certificates issued by veterinarian and sanitary offices, and commercial inspection,
- Certificates and attestations issued by authorized units of public administration and local governments,
- Copies and xerox copies of documents, certified in conformity with a presented original,
- Authentication of certificates of origin issued by a customs house conditioned by the requirements of the goods recipient’s country,
- Drawing up, on the basis of certificates of origin issued by a customs house, additional certificates of unpreferential origin of commodities on the forms of the Polish Chamber of Commerce, if a foreign recipient demands such a certificate, in connection with payment for commodities.
What requirements need to be fulfilled in order to legalize documents?
An entrepreneur applying for the documents’ legalization needs to submit the principal documents of the company and the documents for legalization.
- Document from the registration authorities, confirming the proponent's business activities,
- Authentication of the company’s National Business Registry Number,
- Decision or confirmation of the company’s National Identification Number,
- Examples of legalized signatures of persons entitled to represent the proponent.
Documents for legalization
Documents for legalization ought to be submitted by an entrepreneur in the number of copies defined by the entrepreneur, including one additional copy for the documentation remaining in the Legalization Department of the Polish Chamber of Commerce. All copies of the documents submitted for legalization shall include original signatures of persons authorized to represent the enterprise.
The application filled in by the entrepreneur has to be attached to the documents submitted for legalization.
With reference to the correspondence we have received for the Polish Chamber of Commerce in Warsaw, we kindly ask you to become acquainted with the information and adapt to the following recommendations:
1. Issuing the certificates of origin of the exported goods according to the Customs Law dated 19th March 2004 lies within competence of customs houses. Chambers of commerce may issue additional attestations of origin on the PCC’s form only in justified cases. Therefore, it is necessary to collect the documentation connected with drawing up the certificates of origin on the PCC’s form, so called “whites” which include:
- Copies of documents: contracts or letters of credit which present the need for issuing a “white” certificate or an additional attestation by the Chamber.
2. In the „white” certificates of origin, it is neccessary to fill in the data according to the UC certificate of origin (consistency of name and quantity of goods, name and exporter’s address, origin of goods, other data formulated in the official certificate of origin). The date of issuing a “white” certificate of origin can not be earlier than of the UC certificate of origin.
3. Certificates of origin issued by a customs house that constitute a basis for drawing up a “white” certificate, need to be delivered to the Chamber both in copy and original for insight.
4. EUR certificate of transport does not constitute a basis for issuing a certificate of origin.
To additionally legalize a certificate of origin issued by a customs house, it is necessary to deliver a proper documentation: xeroxcopy of the letter of credit, order or a copy of correspondence which attests the necessity of legalizing the UC certificate by the Chamber.
Legalization activities is performed on behalf of
the Polish Chamber of Commerce
Legalization, Certification and ATA tickets Office, Legalization Department
Net price in zł
VAT rate in %
Legalization of commercial invoices, agreements, specifications, certificates issued by veterinarian, fitosanitary and sanitary office, certificates issued by comercial inspection or other commercial documents issued by the units of state administration or local governement; attestation of authencity of signature on the Lester of attorney or other commercial documents connected with export of goods.
|2.||Legalization of comercial invoices, agremeents, specifications, certificates issued by veterinarian, fitosanitary and sanitary Office, certificates issued by commercial inspection or other commercial documents issued by the units of state administration or local governement; attestation of authencity of signature on the letter of attorney or other commercial documents not connected with export of goods.||75||22|
Additional legalization of commercial documents connected with export
|4.||Additional legalization of commercial document not connected with export||55||23|
|5.||Attestation of conformity of a document’s copy or xeroxcopy with the original connected with export||55||0|
Attestation of conformity of a document’s copy or xeroxcopy with the original not connected with export
|7.||Additional attestation of a signature on a document connected with export||15||0|
We invite you to our Office from Monday to Thursday
from 8.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m.
Person in charge: